Does this sound like you?
Your attitude is positive and your personality is caring. You love numbers and oftentimes you take numbers on pieces of paper, rearrange them and put them on different pieces of paper. You have a keen eye for details, your data entry skills are flawless and numbers do not escape you. You like to keep things organized and in order so you can recall them easily. You enjoy working on a little of everything and interacting with everyone. Being helpful and a team player is important to you.
Typical week in the life of an Ascent Finance/Accounts Payable Assistant:
Ascent is looking for a Finance/Accounts Payable Assistant who is based in our Sacramento office and provides company-wide support. In a typical week, you may:
- Work closely with the Controller and other key finance staff to ensure the smooth operation of financial processes
- Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide customer service to internal Ascent principals and staff
- Review staff expense reports on a bi-weekly basis for errors and ensure charges are coded to the correct expense accounts
- Enter Principal expense reports on a bi-weekly basis and ensure all documentation is gathered
- Code and distribute vendor invoices for signature approvals with staff on a daily basis
- Enter and schedule vendor invoice payments in Deltek Vision accounting system on a weekly basis
- Enter budgets of subconsultants in Deltek Vision on a weekly basis
- Communicate directly with vendors for any invoice issues on an as needed basis
- File/Scan paid invoices on a weekly basis
- Support the finance department as needed along with other duties and special projects as assigned
- Enjoy social times with co-workers at Happy Lunches, themed happy hours, Halloween parades, and Pi Day Pie Contests, and the camaraderie of being an Ascentian
Is this how you would like to spend your week? If so, please read a bit more about our Finance/Accounts Payable Assistant position:
This is an exciting opportunity for a finance/accounts payable assistant to join our team and contribute to Ascent’s success and growth. We are seeking an experienced candidate for a full-time position who has at least two years’ experience and a solid understanding general accounting principles, is attentive to details, possesses strong organization skills and the ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and who has the capability to analyze financial information. Experience working with Deltek Vision preferred but not required.
Desired professional qualifications include experience with tracking budget expenses, strong computer skills including Excel and Word, refined data entry skills, and excellent internal and external customer service communication skills. Must have the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner as well as be reliable.
Ascent offers a supportive, fun, and intellectually challenging workplace environment with excellent benefits. We invest in our employees’ careers and welfare and strive to provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. We offer flexible hours, collegial teamwork, participation on important and challenging projects, opportunities to contribute to and join in service events for our local communities, and regular performance recognition. Our offices are located in Sacramento, Lake Tahoe, San Diego, and Berkeley.
Please e-mail a letter of interest and your resume to: email@example.com